Launched in 2016, the Hip Baroque Choc educational project offers young people in vocational secondary schools the chance to take part in practical artistic workshops throughout the year and to take part in a creation combining baroque music, hip hop dance, declamation, percussion, choral singing and applied arts, with professional artists.
For its eighth edition, the Hip Baroque Choc will present a show based on the Olympic Games, bringing together musicians from Le Concert de la Loge, dancers from the Käfig and Poisson/Buffle companies and students from 8 secondary schools from the Paris region..
Hip Baroque Choc brings together very different social and artistic worlds, encouraging young people from disadvantaged backgrounds to develop their potential and strengthen their ambitions. The project focuses primarily on vocational courses, without any artistic education.
For this edition 9 secondary schools in Île-de-France are involved :
- The Gustave Eiffel High School in Varennes-sur-Seine
- The Jean Moulin High School in Vincennes
- The Louis Girard High School in Malakoff
- The Anne Robert Jacques Turgot High School in Montmorency
- The Auguste Blanqui High School in Saint-Ouen
- The Adrienne Bolland High School in Poissy
- The Ferdinand Buisson High School in Ermont
- The Auguste Renoir High School in Paris
- The Jacques Decour High School and Middle School in Paris